After participating in this unique weekend training, you will have acquired the following tools, knowledge and skills:
- A relevant understanding of the human body: joints, muscles, ligaments, and tendons, as it relates to BJJ-complementing activity
- Being able to help people individually with optimizing alignment and structural integrity in various poses/positions
- A radically better approach to warmups and complementary training to BJJ than the current average
- An early competitive edge on the instructor market, as yoga/movement/mobility for sports is likely to grow big in the near future
- The basic do’s and don’ts of teaching group classes
- Roughly 20+ hours of Yoga for BJJ course.
- A Yoga for BJJ rash guard.
- Yoga for BJJ patches.
- 1 year free membership to the yogaforbjj.net website
Whats NOT included:
- Flights, taxis, trains, boats, ubers, ferries, visas, border fees.
- Hotels, AirBNB, or any for of accomodation.
- Food, drinks, snacks, entrance fees to nightclubs.
- Assistance by phone,email,text, to get to and from the training if your flight is delayed etc.
Completing this course will enable you to:
- Teach a full, hour long YogaforBJJ class at any (enlightened) BJJ academy
- Hold world class warm ups, relevant to any BJJ (or martial arts) class
- Instruct much-needed post training cooldowns and stretching routines
- Hold themed classes and warmups for Hip, shoulder and spinal mobility, which can (and should) be tailored to the theme of the following BJJ techniques
- Kick-start your own yoga practice, to learn the fundamentals and the nuances of the practice.
The course length is approximately 25 hours, with a minimum of 10 hours of additional home study.
|February 21, 2020 – Friday||February 22, 2020 – Saturday||February 23, 2020 – Sunday|
|Schedule to be announced||Schedule to be announced||Schedule to be announced|
As a gratuity, and to support you in your further development as a teacher, you will also receive the following:
- A lifetime free subscription to yogaforbjj.net
- Template classes on video, to make your instructor life easier in the very beginning
- A free YogaforBJJj rash guard, and patches for your Gi
- Your name listed as an official teacher on yogaforbjj.net/teachers **
- Membership to the private facebook group for YogaforBJJ instructors, where we will share and learn from each other.
**In order to be listed on the website as an official YogaforBJJ instructor, you will be required to study at home after the course, and send a video of your own practice and teaching, to prove your incorporation and embodiment of the skills learned.
As a gym owner, YogaforBJJ is a good long term investment for your gym, as regular classes will:
- decrease the occurrence of injuries
- keep your members coming to the gym even when they have time off Jiu-Jitsu
- offer a nice alternative to partners and relatives who have not yet started BJJ
- improve general athletic performance and thus indirectly raise the level of Jiu-Jitsu at the academy
- give a more professional overall impression to all students: “This gym takes mobility and athleticism seriously, and we are willing to invest for the long term by offering YogaforBJJ”
The following are the minimum requirements for you to participate:
- Three years of BJJ experience**
- A blue belt, received from a registered BJJ black belt.***
- An open mind (A positive attitude towards learning new skills)
- A humble and friendly attitude towards your fellow course participants.
**If you, for example, are a very experienced group class leader, and have relevant movement experience (capoeira, break dance or equivalent), lack any of the listed requirements, but are eager to join and learn, please contact me on email@example.com and explain your situation.
***If you are not planning to teach YogaforBJJ, but are interested in this course for your own practice and development, you are welcome to join without the relevant prerequisites.
PREPARATION FOR THE COURSE:
You are kindly asked to prepare before this weekend, bringing an as comprehensive list as possible of questions and inquiries, as this radically improves your learning experience, and being well prepared and having sorted your thoughts out well in advance will increase the quality of your education.
The weekend will include an unusual amount of physical exercise, please prepare accordingly.
Please note that Yoga practice and teaching skills are not learned over a weekend, but is acquired by a lot of practice, trial and error, over a longer period of time. This weekend will give you the skills to make that process significantly faster and more efficient.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a brief description of yourself, and why you choose to apply to participate.
Are you a Black Belt / Gym owner? Contact me for special rates.
- Early bird registration is until December 1, 2019. Early bird cost is 640$ USD.
- ‘Late bird’ cost is 740$ USD.
- Upon accepting your application Sebastian will require a non-refundable deposit of $140 (however, we understand that sometimes life happens, and if for some reason you cannot attend the training the deposit can be used for future trainings).
- Paid in cash, in US dollars only.
- Please keep in mind the above mentioned cost covers ONLY your instructing course. The excitement of the of the travel plans are up to you (including flights and accommodation)!
- Where will the course be held? Click here for the website! (Address is: Boca Paila Km. 7.5 Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico)